- 3 cups big flake coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup fine shred coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, raw
- 1 cup chopped pecans, raw
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, raw
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons cinnamon, Vietnamese cinnamon for best flavor
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/3–1/2 cup maple syrup, Grade B for deepest maple flavor
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Evenly spread the mixture over the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once at the halfway point.
- After 20 minutes, turn the oven off and open the oven door to stir the granola one last time. Opening the oven door helps the oven cool off a bit so the granola doesn’t overcook.
- After the last stirring close the oven door, and let the granola cool down with the oven for 1 hour (this makes the granola ultra crispy).
- Take the granola out of the oven and let it cool fully before transferring it to an airtight container.
- This granola keeps for 2-3 weeks at room temperature.