- 4 lrg sweet potatoes, or yams
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups grated jalapeno jack cheese
- 2 sliced avocado, lime wedges, chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prick sweet potatoes with a knife, place on a baking sheet and bake 45 minutes or until tender (depending on the size of your sweet potatoes).
- Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized skillet over medium-high. Add olive oil, onions, peppers, spices, and sea salt. Sauté 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender with caramelized edges. Turn off the heat and set pan aside.
- When potatoes are tender, remove from oven and cut in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the inside of the potato, be sure to leave a little around the potato skin to help them hold together. Mash the potato with the peppers and onions right in the pan. Scoop the filling into the potato skins and top with cheese. Bake at 425 F for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with avocado, lime wedges and cilantro.