- 1 can (13.5 oz) refrigerated coconut milk (Native Forest)
- 6 medium sized oranges, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest, (from 1–2 oranges)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- water, orange, or apple juice as needed if it’s too thick
- Combine all the ingredients for the smoothie in a blender.
- Blend, starting on low and working your way up to high speed, until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 3 days in a sealed container.
Tip 1: be sure to obtain your zest before peeling your oranges, (it’s pretty hard to do after the fact).
Tip 2: I call for refrigerated coconut milk so that the smoothie stays nice and cold. You can always add some ice if your ingredients are at room temperature.
Tip 3: if your oranges are really lackluster, try adding a bit of orange juice concentrate to amp up the flavor.