This ‘fried rice’ is a veggie packed version of one of my favorite Thai dishes!
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 cups small chunks fresh pineapple, weighing 8 ounces
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 small carrots, weighing 8 ounces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 head of cauliflower, weighing 1 pound, 11 ounces
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 Teaspoons chili paste
- 1 cup roasted cashew pieces
- Sea salt to taste if needed
- Start by prepping all your ingredients, this makes any kind of stir-fry dish much easier!
- Remove the core and seeds from the bell pepper and cut it lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick strips. Then cut the pepper strips crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Peel the carrots and cut off both ends before thinly slicing them.
- Grate the cauliflower using a box grater, and set it aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and lightly whisk them together with a fork.
- Mix together the coconut aminos and chili paste together in a small bowl and set it aside.
- Once the prep work is done, preheat a very large skillet over medium-high heat for a few minutes until it’s hot but not smoking.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of the avocado oil to the pan and sear the pineapple chunks to create caramelized edges, 2-3 minutes. Remove the pineapple from the pan and set it aside while you finish the fried rice.
- Add the remaining 3 Tablespoons of avocado oil to the pan and sauté the bell pepper, carrots, and garlic until the veggies are crisp tender. Then add the green onions, and cauliflower to the pan, cook 1-2 minutes to just soften the cauliflower. Add the eggs and cook stirring until the egg scrambles around the stir-fry – 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sauce to the pan and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the sauce is absorbed and thoroughly mixed in.
- Remove the fried rice from the heat and stir in the cashews and caramelized pineapple. Taste test to see if you’d like to add some sea salt and serve immediately!
- This stir-fry tastes best hot, but it’s really good at room temperature and cold right out of the refrigerator!
- Category: Fried Rice
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Cauliflower Rice, Paleo Fried Rice, Clean Eating, Gluten Free, Dairy Free