- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini and/or summer squash
- 2 Teaspoons rosemary leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 Teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon oregano leaves, loosely packed
- 1 small sage leaf
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 Tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax meal, (I used golden flax meal)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Remove the ends from the squash and slice into 1/4″ thick sliced rounds.
- Finely chop all of the herbs, you will have about 2 Teaspoons.
- Arrange the squash in a 9″ pie plate and sprinkle the herbs over the top.
- Mix together the salt, pepper, Parmesan, and flax meal. Sprinkle the topping over the zucchini and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the gratin is golden and the squash is just tender. Serve immediately.
This serves 2 as an entrée with a big salad, and 4 as a side dish.