- 1 pound dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- 4 ounces pitted Deglet Noor dates, quartered
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3–4 Tablespoons water
- Place the peanuts and quartered dates into a food processor, and process until small bits with some ‘pea sized’ pieces remain.
- Add the sea salt, vanilla extract, and maple syrup to the container. Continue to process until it starts to clump but is still a bit crumbly.
- Add the water and process to make a soft dough with small bits of peanut remaining. I ended up using the full 4 Tablespoons to make a soft dough.
- Shape as desired. It’s quickest to roll the dough into cookie balls, but you can also pat them out in a plastic wrap lined pan to make bars.
- I made 10 small cookie balls, and 1 – 8″x8″ pan of bars with 1 recipe of these energy bars.
You can also use medjool dates, but the color of your bars will be a little darker.
I used part dates and part maple syrup in this recipe because I like how the maple adds to the cookie flavor. You could use more dates if you would prefer, just add them to taste if you choose to omit the maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 15 mins