- 2 cup fresh pineapple chunks, 10 ounces
- 1 medium orange, peeled and quartered, or 3 mandarins, peeled, 8 ounces
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/2 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2–3 cups baby spinach or kale, 2-3 ounces, see notes
- 2 cups chilled coconut water, or water
- Place all the ingredients into a blender in the order listed.
- Secure the lid, and blend starting on low and working up to high speed.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate and serve within 1 day.
If you’re new to green smoothies, try starting with less greens and working up to your taste. After drinking them for a while you’ll find yourself craving more greens in your smoothie. I use 3 cups/3 ounces in this recipe, but feel free to go with whatever tastes right to you.