- 4 cups fresh pineapple chunks, 1 1/4 pounds
- 3 large pink grapefruits, 2 1/2 pounds
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 4 cups washed baby spinach, 4 ounces
- Place the pineapple chunks into a high powered blender.
- Cut the grapefruits in half and juice them, discarding any large seeds.
- Pour the grapefruit juice over the pineapple, then add the avocado and spinach.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Serve immediately for best flavor. This smoothie keeps well for up to 24 hours, so you can easily make it the night before and take it to work.
You don’t have to use the avocado in this smoothie but I like to use it for 2 reasons. The first being that healthy fats help you absorb nutrients better, and the second reason is that it helps the smoothie to keep for up to 24 hours. Without the avocado the greens start to oxidize, and the flavor isn’t as good after 1-2 hours.