- 1 pound ground turkey, pork, or beef
- 1 Tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 8 cups finely sliced/shredded cabbage, I used both green and purple
- 1 large onion, diced, 2 cups
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 1/2 Teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 Teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 Teaspoon rice vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt to taste, this varies depending on using soy sauce vs. coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup minced chives, or thinly sliced green onions
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Prep all the veggies and set them aside. Then prep and set aside the garlic and ginger. Mix together the soy sauce, red chili flakes, sesame oil, vinegar, and black pepper – set the mixture aside.
- Heat a large (15″) nonstick skillet over high heat. Sauté the ground meat of your choice, breaking it up into small bits, and browning it as you cook. When the meat is done, remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the avocado oil to the pan along with the cabbage, onions, and carrots. Stir fry over high heat, stirring/tossing the mixture as it browns until the veggies are crisp tender, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pan, and stir fry until fragrant, about 1 minute. Then add the sautéed meat back to the pan along with the sauce. Cook, stirring to combine, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and season to taste with sea salt. Sprinkle with the chives/green onions, and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins