- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 large zucchini, 1 pound
- 3 carrots, 4 ounces
- 1 small red bell pepper, 4 ounces
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- 2–3 Teaspoons sriracha
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews
- Cut both ends off the zucchini and spiralize them using the small blade (3mm) on a spiralizer. Spiralize the carrots or slice them paper thin.
- Cut out the core and remove the seeds from the bell pepper and spiralize it as well.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Prepare the toppings and set them aside until the end of the cooking time.
- Preheat a very large skillet (15″ or bigger) over high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the avocado oil, zucchini noodles, carrots, bell pepper, cabbage, and the eggs. It’s easiest to stir fry veggie noodles with a pair of tongs.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the egg has formed bits around the noodles and they have just softened.
- Add the sauce and toppings. Stir fry for just a minute tossing to combine and serve immediately.
This dish is easiest when made for 2 people, but I have doubled it for 4 servings in a 6 quart skillet. The noodles had a little bit more moisture in the big batch.
Adding chicken or shrimp to this dish is a really delicious variation.
If you’re using coconut aminos you may need to add more salt to your taste.