The dough is adapted from Cook’s Illustrated. The filling and frosting are Get Inspired Everyday! creations.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4–4 1/4 c unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the work surface
- 1 10oz jar raspberry jam
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 lemon, zested (I used a Meyer lemon)
- 1 c powdered sugar, sifted for lumps
- 2–3 Tbsp lemon juice (I used a Meyer lemon)
- Heat milk and butter together until butter melts. Cool to lukewarm, about 100 F. In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together water, yeast, sugar, egg, and egg yolks at low speed until well mixed. Add the salt, warm milk mixture, and 2 cups of the flour and mix at medium speed until thoroughly mixed.
- Change attachment to the dough hook and knead in another 2 cups of flour. Knead for a few minutes, add additional flour 1 tablespoon at a time if necessary to make the dough come together. Continue kneading until dough clears the sides of the mixing bowl, about 10 minutes. Let rise for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours until doubled in bulk.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions. On a lightly floured work surface roll out 1 portion to a 1/4” thick rectangle. Spread half of the jam over the surface. Roll up and cut into about 10 pieces. Place in a 9” pie pan, cover and refrigerate overnight. Repeat with remaining portion.
- In the morning, take rolls out of the refrigerator and let raise 1 hour. Bake at 350 F until golden, about 18 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then with a spatula spread the frosting over them and serve immediately.