- 4 tortillas of your choice
- 8 eggs, cooked the way you like them (see the directions for over-easy)
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2” cubes
- 1 large onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 cups packed baby kale, 2 ounces
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sliced avocado, Greek yogurt, and/or aged cheddar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Place the squash cubes on the pan, drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil, and sprinkle with 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt. Roast the squash for 30-40 minutes until tender with caramelized edges.
- While the squash is roasting, prepare the rest of the veggies.
- Preheat a cast iron pan over medium heat for a few minutes, add 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil and sauté the onions for 15 minutes or until golden brown and caramelized.
- When the squash is done, add the kale to the onions, stirring just until it wilts. Add the squash to the onion kale mixture and keep warm while you prepare your eggs.
- For over-easy eggs, preheat a non-stick skillet over medium/low heat. Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Crack the eggs into a small bowl 1 at a time and then add them to the skillet. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 Teaspoon of sea salt over the eggs and grind some fresh pepper to your taste over the top. Immediately place a lid over the eggs and cook for a couple of minutes until your eggs are cooked the way you like them. I like mine cooked between 3-4 minutes and the whites are just set.
- To assemble the wrap, divide the veggie mixture among the 4 wraps, top with the eggs, and any additional toppings. Enjoy immediately!
The veggie filling works great in 4 big wraps, or 6 smaller ones.
I like to make double the veggie filling and use it a few days later in wraps or mixed into something else. It’s handy to have the veggies pre-done!