- 6 eggs, cracked into a bowl
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped basil, optional
- 2 Tablespoons butter or avocado oil
- 3 green onions, both the white and green part thinly sliced
- 1 cup washed baby spinach, 1 ounce, roughly chopped
- 1 large roasted red bell pepper, (jarred is perfect) roughly chopped, 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, 1.5 ounces, optional
- Preheat a 9″ cast iron pan over medium-high heat, and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk the eggs, sea salt, pepper, and basil together in a medium sized bowl until combined. Set the egg mixture aside.
- Add the butter or avocado oil to the heated skillet along with the green onions, spinach, and bell pepper. Sauté just until the spinach turns bright green and begins to wilt, this will take less than 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium and pour the egg mixture over the sautéed spinach, Stir to thoroughly combine the sautéed ingredients into the egg mixture, and sprinkle the feta cheese over the top.
- Let the egg mixture cook untouched over medium heat for 5-6 minutes. When the egg mixture is starting to set around the edges, transfer it to the oven and bake until the frittata is completely done, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature. You can also refrigerate this for 3-4 days and reheat pieces as needed.
The basil is optional, either way it’s delicious, I just love the added touch of fresh herbs. I buy the live basil plants, (which is much more cost effective for me) at the grocery store which last for 1-2 months, you can check out the details in my post about How to Maintain Living Herbs.