Roasted Veggies are one of my favorite things, and we make a full meal out of them at least once a week! This particular combination of butternut squash with caramelized red onion and bell pepper is a winter favorite that I put in marinara sauce, use a filling in omelets, and of course topped with guacamole for a simple veggie bowl!
I thought my usual recipe for The Best Guacamole needed a complete flavor overhaul for a new variation! This guac is made with pomegranate, rosemary, and salty feta cheese. The bright crunchy bursts of pomegranate is what really makes it for me. This dish is easy enough to keep dairy free and vegan by simply omitting the feta cheese – I like to add tamari roasted pumpkin seeds instead of the cheese to keep that salty touch. We make this guacamole both ways – with and without the feta depending on what we have available, and both ways are so good!
The above picture is this veggie bowl without the feta cheese, and it’s my preferred way of eating this dish at lunchtime. Something about the evening makes me crave cheese, and I find myself adding it into a lot of my recipes at dinnertime.
As with every roast veggie recipe I’ve ever made – I highly recommend making a couple pans so that you have leftovers. I’ve found they’re a quick ticket to a healthy meal – faster than takeout, and much healthier!
Here’s a few other recipe options to make with your extra pan of roasted veggies:
You can sub this roasted veggie recipe for my summer version – Roasted Market Veggies with Basil Aioli.
They make a great change of pace in my Easiest Thai Curry as an alternative when eggplant isn’t available.
And… finally they make a great filling in a Breakfast Wrap!Print
- 1 recipe of Roasted Vegetables
Pomegranate Feta Guacamole:
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 Tablespoon minced sweet onion
- 1 Teaspoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, goat’s or sheep’s milk for best flavor
For dairy free or vegan:
- Omit the feta cheese and add 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds – tamari flavored adds a nice salty touch!
- While your recipe of Roasted Vegetables is cooking in the oven, make the guacamole.
- Mash the avocado, rosemary, jalapeno, onion, lime juice, garlic, and sea salt together with the backside of a fork until there is a fair amount of smooth mixture with some good sized lumps remaining.
- Stir in the pomegranate arils and crumbled feta or pumpkin seed substitution.
- Serve with the roasted vegetables.
This recipe serves the 2 of us perfectly for dinner, but we both have big appetites!