- 1 recipe of Roasted Vegetables
Pomegranate Feta Guacamole:
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 Tablespoon minced sweet onion
- 1 Teaspoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, goat’s or sheep’s milk for best flavor
For dairy free or vegan:
- Omit the feta cheese and add 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds – tamari flavored adds a nice salty touch!
- While your recipe of Roasted Vegetables is cooking in the oven, make the guacamole.
- Mash the avocado, rosemary, jalapeno, onion, lime juice, garlic, and sea salt together with the backside of a fork until there is a fair amount of smooth mixture with some good sized lumps remaining.
- Stir in the pomegranate arils and crumbled feta or pumpkin seed substitution.
- Serve with the roasted vegetables.
This recipe serves the 2 of us perfectly for dinner, but we both have big appetites!