- 3 Tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced 1/4″, 8 ounces
- 14 crimini mushrooms, washed an sliced 1/4″ thick, 8 ounces
- 3 slices of prosciutto, 1 1/2 ounces, torn or cut into small 1/2″ pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 8 stems broccoli rabe, 12 ounces, washed
- 1/2 cup water
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a large skillet, (15″) over medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the butter or olive oil and diced onion to the pan, sauté for 10-15 minutes or until the onions are brown and caramelized.
- Increase the heat to medium high and add the sliced mushrooms, prosciutto, garlic, and fresh thyme to the pan. Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the mushrooms are browned and tender.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, push the mushroom/onion mixture to the edges of the pan and place the broccoli rabe in the center. Add the 1/2 cup of water and partially cover the pan with a lid, leaving a vent out the side so that some of the steam can escape while the broccoli rabe finishes cooking. Cook the broccoli rabe for 4-5 minutes or until it’s just tender but still bright green, this may vary per batch according to the stem size of your broccoli rabe.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper, and serve immediately.