- 2 cups cashews, soaked, see directions below
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- To soak cashews for this sauce, place 2 cups of cashews into a 4 cup/ 32 ounce mason jar and cover with 2 cups of water. Leave the jar on the counter at room temperature to soak for at least 4 hours. I leave mine to soak during the work day, and use them at dinner time.
- When you’re ready to use your cashews, drain off the soaking liquid and rinse them well.
- Place the drained cashews into a high powered blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Secure the lid and blend until completely smooth.
- Use the cashew cream right away, or within 3-4 days.