- 4 zucchini, I used 2 each yellow and green, 2 1/2 pounds
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced, 8 ounces
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced, 10 ounces
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced, 7 ounces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 pkg boneless skinless chicken thighs, 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil, or stir fry oil of your choice
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Sesame Stir Fry Sauce:
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon sambal oelek chili paste, or chii flakes
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar, or freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 Teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Spiralize the zucchini using the spiral slicer blade to create the ribbon like noodles. Set the noodles aside and prepare the rest of the veggies. Prep and place the minced garlic and ginger together in a small bowl, and set it aside.
- Cut the chicken thighs up into 1″ pieces, and set them aside while you make the sauce.
- Stir all the ingredients together for the sauce until the tapioca starch is completely dissolved.
- Preheat a very large skillet, at least 15″ wide over high heat.
- When the pan is almost smoking hot, add 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil along with the cubed up chicken. Stir only as the chicken browns, and cook 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is just done. Remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan along with the carrots, onion, and bell pepper. Stir as the veggies brown for 3-5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger, and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Then add in the zucchini noodles.
- Stir fry the zucchini noodles until just softened around 3-4 minutes. I find tongs to work really well for this, just be sure you get tongs that are nonstick friendly.
- When the zucchini noodles have softened but are still slightly crunchy, add the stir fry sauce and cook just until the sauce thickens and the noodles soften, about 1 additional minute.
- Remove the str fry from the heat, sprinkle with the sesame seeds, and serve immediately.