Creamy Chia Vinaigrette:
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons coconut cream, scooped from the top of a can of coconut milk
- 8 ounces pre-washed baby spinach
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, weighing 10 ounces, cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese, I used sheep’s milk feta
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the chia vinaigrette until smooth. Let the dressing sit and thicken while you assemble the salad.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together all the ingredients for the salad. I like to save a small amount of the pomegranate arils and feta cheese to sprinkle on top for a garnish later.
- When you’re ready to serve, toss the dressing with the salad and garnish with the reserved pomegranates and feta cheese.
- Serve immediately.
I’ve made the Chia Vinaigrette with and without the coconut cream. Both ways are good, I just always lean toward creamier dressings.
For dairy free, be sure to leave out the feta cheese!