- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot, mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds rhubarb
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled, fresh or frozen
- 1/4–1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- Mix together all ingredients in a saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Simmer on low for a few minutes until rhubarb is just tender.
- Remove from heat to cool. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
When I serve this with a dessert I only add 1/4 cup honey because I like it to be a bit tangy. For eating it plain or for breakfast, I use 1/2 cup honey.