This summer Strawberry Kombucha Mocktail is the perfect pairing with anything grilled all summer long. With 1 taste, you’ll have found your perfect patio sipper that’s perfectly refreshing for those hot sunny days.
It’s a perfect 75ºF, and I’m sitting on our patio with this Summer Strawberry Kombucha Mocktail in hand trying to come with some proper words to tell you all about them! Sometimes the words come fast with too much to say. But in times like this, I wish I could just hand you a glass and let the flavors explain themselves.
This recipe really is the ‘essence of summer’ and it’s fantastic on it’s own, or with anything from the grill. So far our favorites have been with taco bowls, or with burger bowls. We’ve been loving my In and Out Style Burger Lettuce Wraps piled into a bowl rather than a wrap. Then pair it with these strawberry mocktails, and you have our official meal of the summer!
So without further ado, let’s jump in and talk about these Strawberry Kombucha Mocktails!
- They’re ‘double berry’ flavor with both the kombucha and Spindrift being strawberry. This has been our favorite way to make kombucha mocktails so far. Mixing 2 different flavors is yummy, but we’ve both found we like mixing the same flavor together for a double punch.
- Have fun with different herbs if you have them on hand! So far I’ve tried mint, basil, and lemon balm and all are delicious. Just crush a few leaves against the side of the glass with a spoon before adding the liquid. If you have a shaker and muddler, you can use that as well.
Mocktail Ratios: So far our favorite ratio has been a simple 1:1 of kombucha and Spindrift. We love using Spindrift as our sparkling element because they’re made with real food ingredients.
There’s only a couple of grams of fruit sugar, and most importantly to us, there’s no natural flavors added. Natural flavors can be a tricky business if you have food sensitivities, so that’s why we use these particular brands. (This isn’t sponsored or anything.)
For more inspiration, check our my 5 Easy Kombucha Mocktails. We were still using La Croix when I wrote that post, but we’ve completely moved away from it due to the above mentioned natural flavors. However those recipes have lots of great flavor pairing ideas to get you started!
What to serve these mocktails with:
- Guacamole Salad with Grilled Chipotle Chicken
- Aloha Teriyaki Burger Bowls
- Fish Taco Slaw Bowls with Mango Salsa
- In and Out Style Burger Lettuce Wraps
- Tropical Sweet Chili Shrimp Skewers
- Jalapeno Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- Paleo Strawberry Cobb Salad
- Grilled Chimichurri Chicken Skewers
- Cheeseburger Salad with Secret Sauce Dressing
- Lemon Basil Grilled Chicken and Veggie Platter
I sure hope you’ll get to enjoy this taste of summer soon! We just started getting local strawberries, so these have been on repeat for a 2 weeks now. If you do make them, I hope you’ll leave me a comment/rating below. And I always love hearing from you here. Or over on Instagram where you can tag me at #getinspiredeveryday with your photos.
Summer Strawberry Kombucha Mocktail
- 1 - 12 ounce can Strawberry Spindrift
- 1 - 16 ounce bottle GT's Strawberry Serenity Kombucha
- 1-2 strawberries - hulled and thinly sliced
- Optional: mint - basil, or lemon balm 1-2 leaves per serving
- Optional sweetener if desired - see notes
- If you're using one of the herbs, place 1-2 leaves in each of the 2 glasses. Then using the back of a spoon, crush the leaves against the side of the glass.
- Next fill each glass almost halfway with kombucha, then pour Spindrift to within 1/2" of the top.
- Fill the remaining space with ice cubes, and enjoy right away.