Sweet Potato Noodles:
- 2–4 sweet potatoes, 3 pounds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons homemade taco seasoning, or any amount of what you like to use
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, thinly sliced, and peeled
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes, or 1 cup Fire Roasted Blender Salsa
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- While the oven heats, peel the sweet potatoes, and cut off both ends. Then cut them into 3-4″ pieces lengthwise, this helps them run through the spiralizer much easier. Finally spiralize them into small spaghetti sized noodles, I used the 3mm blade on the Paderno spiralizer.
- Toss the noodles with the olive oil, sea salt, and cumin on the parchment lined baking sheet and set them aside.
- Prepare all your toppings, and set them aside.
- Once the toppings have been prepped, place the noodles into the oven, and roast until they’re tender. This will take 8-10 minutes for al dente noodles, and 12-15 minutes for them to be fully soft.
- While the noodles cook, preheat a 9″ cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Then add the ground beef and using a wooden spoon, break up the beef until small bits as it browns. When the beef is almost done, add the taco seasoning and continue to cook until it’s completely done.
- When the noodles are done, toss them together with the taco meat, and serve the noodles with the toppings immediately.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins