This recipe for The Best Baked Chicken Breasts is super flavorful making use of basics from your spice drawer!
One silver lining I’ve been noticing lately is how much I’ve been enjoying creating extra easy recipes. No matter how much you like to cook, (or not) you can never have too many simple recipes. Today’s baked chicken breasts make good use of basic pantry staple spices, and it’s incredibly flavorful.
I also haven’t been grocery shopping in what feels like ages, so pantry style recipes are just the thing at the moment. In fact I think if I’ve calculated right, it’s been 22 days since Tyler went grocery shopping. And it’s been exactly 30 days since I’ve been in a grocery store!
It’s a strange time to be sure since I usually don’t go more than a week. But if you’re like us and ‘staying at home as much as possible for the foreseeable future’ I hope you’ll enjoy all the easy pantry recipes I have coming your way. Although I will say… when my frozen veggies run out, I’m going to have to get out shopping again.
Speaking of frozen veggies, this baked chicken is super good with my Easiest Garlic Roasted Green Beans. And for a nice carb-y side, definitely try my Best Mashed Potatoes, or my brand new Instant Pot Crispy Potatoes.
Now… let’s get started making The Best Baked Chicken Breasts:
Time needed: 20 minutes.
- First we’re going to mix together all the spices.
- Then stir the avocado oil in to make a loose paste. This helps the chicken stay moist and it’s much easier to coat the chicken in the spices when you mix them with oil first.
- Next coat the chicken breasts in the spices.
- Finally bake the chicken until it’s just done in the center before serving with your choice of sides.
Side Dish Inspiration:
- Instant Pot Crispy Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Lemon Herb Broccoli
- How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
- Easiest Garlic Roasted Green Beans
- The Best Mashed Potatoes
- Simple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Caramelized Bacon Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Healthy Broccoli Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus, (can be roasted alongside the chicken)
- Green Beans with Bacon Mushroom Sauce
I sure hope you get a chance to make this chicken soon! If you do make it, I’d love it if you’d leave me a comment/rating below. And I always love hearing from you here, and over on Instagram where you can tag me at #getinspiredeveryday with your photos.Print
These chicken breasts are so flavorful and easy to make, they’re been on repeat lately in our house!
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, (usually 2) see notes
1 Teaspoon smoked paprika, see notes
1/2 Teaspoon granulated garlic
1 Teaspoon granulated onion
1 Teaspoon sea salt, or to your taste
1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon avocado or olive oil
Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
In a small bowl, combine all the spices. Add the oil and stir to form a loose paste. Coat the chicken breasts in in the spice mixture, and lay them in a 8-9″ baking dish.
Bake the chicken until it’s done in the center or a thermometer read 165ºF, or about 15-20 minutes for 8 ounces chicken breasts.
Remove the chicken from the oven and serve with your choice of sides.
The chicken breasts we get are usually around 8 ounces each, but be aware that timing does change depending on size. Smaller chicken breasts take around 12-15 minutes where 8 ounce chicken breasts are between 15-20 minutes.
Regular paprika works as well, but smoked paprika is worth adding to your shopping list.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven Roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Baked Chicken Breasts, Best Baked Chicken Breast Recipe, Oven Baked Chicken Breasts, Baked Chicken Breasts in Oven