Chocolate Zucchini Bread:
- 2 1/2 cups fine almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil for dairy free
- 2 eggs
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips + 2 Tablespoons for topping
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2–3 Tablespoons coconut or almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF and lightly grease 3 mini loaf pans, or a regular sized muffin pan.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca starch, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt. Stir in the grated zucchini until it’s completely coated in the flour mixture.
- Add the honey, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract, and mix to combine. Then mix in the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, and portion the batter equally in the mini loaf pans. If you’re using a muffin pan, you’ll need to take them out sooner, around 20 minutes baking time.
- Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips over the tops of the mini loaves, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until puffed in the middle and a toothpick comes out clean.
- When the mini loaves are done, remove them from the oven, and let them cool on a cooling rack for 15-20 minutes. Then remove the mini loaves from the loaf pan to cool completely.
- In a small sized saucepan, melt the chocolate chips together with the the 2 tablespoons of coconut milk over low heat, stirring constantly, until no chocolate lumps remain.
- Add the additional tablespoon of coconut milk only if the mixture is too thick. Place the glaze into a squeeze bottle and squeeze in lines over the top. Or you can put the glaze into a small Ziplock and cut a very small part of the corner away to create a small hole to drizzle the chocolate through.
- Let the glaze set for about 30 minutes, slice and serve. You can also serve the loaves right away, but the glaze is a bit more messy when it’s still warm.