- 1 small head of Butterhead lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 cucumber, 8 ounces
- 1 large mango, about 1 pound
- 1 red bell pepper, 8 ounces
Peanut (or cashew) Sauce:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or roasted cashew butter
- 1 Teaspoon sambal oelek chili paste
- 2 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos, or gluten free soy sauce
- 1 – 4 ounce package vermicelli rice noodles
- Start by preparing all the veggies. Cut both ends of the cucumber and cut into into thin matchsticks to imitate the summer rolls you get at restaurants. Or for a quicker preparation, cut them into quarters lengthwise and then slice them crosswise into thin triangular pieces. Prepare the mango by peeling it, and cutting the fruit away from the pit. From there you can either slice it into matchsticks or into cubes. For the bell pepper, cut it in half and remove the core and seeds. Slice each half into matchsticks (or into cubes).
- Prepare the peanut/cashew sauce by placing all the ingredients into a blender and blending until smooth. You can also whisk it together by hand but it will take a bit longer.
- Prepare the vermicelli rice noodles according to package directions. My package said to pour boiling water over them and let them soak for 4 minutes before draining and rinsing in cold water, which was perfect for white rice vermicelli (brown rice vermicelli will vary).
- You can pass all the ingredients separately at the table so that everyone can assemble as they go. Or, you can arrange the ingredients in individual bowls before serving them with the peanut/cashew sauce on the side.