- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely diced ham
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- butter or avocado oil
- Top with:
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Optional serve with:
- Rosemary Breakfast Potatoes
- Preheat a waffle iron on the medium heat setting, I use the Cuisinart 4-slice Belgian waffle maker.
- Prep the green onions, red bell pepper, ham, and cheese, and set them each aside in small bowls.
- Whisk together the eggs, sea salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl, and set aside.
- Lightly grease the waffle maker with butter or oil, and sprinkle a small amount of the green onions, red bell pepper, and ham over the surface of the 4 sections. Then pour 1/4 of the egg mixture over the top of the onions, pepper, and ham, using a spatula to move the egg into the corners. Be careful not to overfill the waffle maker, it’s better to have a smaller waffle than overflow. Sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese over the top of the egg and close the waffle iron.
- Cook the egg mixture until it’s thoroughly done and and golden brown, about 3 minutes. Repeat the process, greasing the waffle iron each time, until you have 4 full waffles. You can serve the omelet waffles as you go, or keep them warm in the oven as you cook the rest.
- If you have leftovers, these reheat very well over the next 3-4 days.
The amounts you put in the waffle iron will depend on the size you own.