- 8 cups of water
- 6 white peony tea bags
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup to taste
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat. When the water is at a rolling boil, turn off the stove, and remove the pan from the heat.
- Tie the tea bags around the handle of the pot to keep them from slipping in, and steep the tea bags for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and sweeten to taste.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours to completely cool the tea before adding the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Serve the tea thoroughly chilled over ice, with additional lemons slices if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins