- 1 pound delicata squash, halved and seeded
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil, plus 3 Tablespoons for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 8 slices
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons reduced balsamic vinegar, or balsamic crema
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the squash halves into 1/2″ pieces and place on the baking sheet. Drizzle with the 2 Teaspoons of olive oil and the 1/2 Teaspoon of sea salt. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, turn the squash over and roast another 10 minutes or until the squash is tender and browned.
- Arrange the mozzarella, spinach and roasted squash onto 4 salad plates or 1 serving platter. Garnish with the basil, reduced balsamic vinegar, and remaining 3 Tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- This salad is best served immediately while the squash is still crispy.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins