- 1 large head red leaf lettuce, torn or chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped (opt.)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Maple syrup, to taste (opt.)
- Place the lettuce in a serving bowl.
- Put balsamic vinegar, mustard, and sea salt in a blender, blend on low for a few seconds to combine. Then with the motor running slowly pour olive oil in until emulsified. Sweeten to taste with optional maple syrup.
- Toss the greens with the dressing, then sprinkle apples, walnuts, cranberries, feta cheese, and red onion, if using, over the lettuce.
I like to use sheep’s milk feta when I can get it. It has really good flavor, a little extra tangy. Also, the serving size for this recipe is 2 people when salad is the main part of the meal.