Fall has always been my favorite season for so many reasons, you can’t help but love the ideal temperatures and amazing fall colors. Then there’s the element of comfort food that comes into play when the blazing hot temperatures of summer finally subside. The house starts to smell of wonderful foods simmering away – Sweet Potato Turkey Chili in the slow cooker, and Apple Pie Skillet Cake in the oven! Even though there’s so much to love about summer with the grilling and fun activities, fall definitely has the edge for me overall!
Last year I put together 20 Ways to Love Fall with all sorts of yummy recipes in there, and this year I have a whole extra set of recipes for you. If you put them together, you’ll have 40 recipes/fall ideas to keep you cooking right into the holiday season!
We’ll start off with sweets because… what better way to kick fall than with a bit of baking!
- Salted Caramel Pumpkin Chai Latte – this one is made for slow Saturday morning sipping with a leisurely breakfast.
- Pumpkin Spice Pancake Syrup – this tastes like fall and fills the house with a rich spicy scent.
- Apple Pie Skillet Cake – an all time favorite that’s probably healthy enough to eat for breakfast.
- Maple Cinnamon Granola – this is the best granola I’ve ever tasted and I make a batch almost every week.
- Ginger Pear Green Smoothie – the ginger adds a whole new element to this green smoothie and it’s a fall and wintertime favorite of mine.
- Banana Cream Pie Smoothie Bowl – this has to be the ultimate comfort food meets healthy!
- Hot Chocolate with Homemade Coconut Whipped Cream – this one is so rich that I prefer it as a dessert or mid afternoon snack.
- Peanut Butter Granola Bars with Salted Chocolate Frosting – and speaking of snacks, this recipe is all you’ll be needing in that department!
- Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies – one of the best things about fall is baking cookies, and what better way to start than with this nutella like combo.
- Sweet Potato Pizza Bites – these are so good I make them year round, but they’re particularly good for cozy evenings in.
- Garlic Butter Sautéed Mushrooms – these are the perfect side dish to anything from chicken and steak to risotto and polenta. They’re also excellent stirred into scrambled eggs for breakfast.
- Roasted Veggies Bowls with Pomegranate Feta Guacamole – we eat several meals a week made out of roasted veggies, and this one is a favorite.
- Caramelized Fig Roasted Butternut Salad with Creamy Pecan Vinaigrette – there are so many great fall components to this salad, but please try it at least for the luscious pecan vinaigrette.
- Creamy Butternut Risotto – this is some serious date night type of comfort food, or for entertaining because it’s impressive and yet easy to make.
- Rosemary Chicken Ragu with Butternut Noodles – I love the smell of a homemade sauce simmering away on the stove top. The hint of rosemary in the sauce pairs beautifully with the roasted butternut noodles.
- Cajun Chicken Sweet Potato Noodles – comforting with a hint of spice, you can’t go wrong with a bowl of these.
- Butternut Noodles with Browned Butter, Crispy Prosciutto, and Sage – the classic ravioli unwrapped and in veggie noodle form.
- Persian Roasted Veggies – a departure from my normal plain roasted veggies with deep warm spices.
- Ancho Chicken Taco Bowls – because taco bowls are pretty much mandatory for fall in our house. This ancho version is both of our favorites and hits the menu regularly.
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Zucchini Noodles – this is one of my all time most popular recipes, and for good reason – it’s quick to make and perfect for pretty much every dinner occasion.
These pizza bites from #10 are definitely a crowd pleaser, there’s never any leftover and you can vary the toppings to be as creative as you’d like!
This roasted veggie bowl (#12) is so festive and packed with flavor that I never get tired of it.
I thought we’d end with a picture of the ultimate comfort food – a bowl of pasta, made veggie style with zucchini noodles and a creamy sauce (#20). This always hits the spot whether it’s a workday or a special occasion. I hope you find something inspirational in here, and I’d love to know what your favorite part about fall is!