- 1/4 cup grated beeswax, 11 grams
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup aloe vera gel, room temperature
- 1/8 Teaspoon peppermint essential oil
- Place the beeswax and coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat. Heat just until just melted with no remaining flecks of beeswax. Try to keep the temperature as low as possible to preserve the benefits the of coconut oil.
- Remove the oil mixture from the heat, and hand whisk in the room temperature aloe vera gel and peppermint essential oil until it’s thoroughly combined.
- Let the lotion cool to room temperature, about 2-4 hours. Whisk again, or place in the blender and blend at a medium speed for about 30 seconds for a fluffier version.
- Note:This lotion will naturally become thicker and more solid over time, as some of the aloe vera slowly evaporates.