- 2 cups organic turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup room temperature coconut oil
- 1/2–1 Teaspoon peppermint essential oil
- Thoroughly combine the coconut oil and sugar by mashing the coconut oil into the sugar with the back of a spoon.
- When the coconut oil is completely mixed in, add the peppermint essential oil, starting with the lowest amount called for, and working up if you want it to be extra minty.
- Store in a tightly sealed container and use within 2-3 months.
- I store mine in mason jars and it works really well.
- To use the sugar scrub, scoop out anywhere from 2-4 Tablespoons, and while you’re showering lightly rub the sugar scrub over your whole body before rinsing it off. Be careful not to slip because the oil in the scrub can make some showers slippery, and you might even want to rinse the bottom of the shower with soap after you use this scrub.
- Note: Sugar scrubs are never suitable for you face because the skin is too delicate.