- 4 just ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 – 5.4 ounce can of unsweetened coconut cream (10 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean
- 1 cup of granola, I use this Maple Cinnamon Granola
- 1 just ripe banana, peeled and thinly sliced
- sprinkle with your choice of: chia seeds, hemp hearts, and bee pollen (omit for vegan)
- Place the ingredients for the smoothie base in a high powered blender. Blend until smooth starting on a low speed and working up to speeds 7-8 on a Vitamix. If you don’t have a high powered blender, use 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract instead of the vanilla bean.
- Pour the smoothie base into 4 bowls, and top with granola, sliced banana, and your choice of seeds.
- Serve immediately.
I like to use just ripe bananas for these smoothie bowls, yellow with just a few brown spots, otherwise the with over ripe bananas the flavor can be too overwhelming. It’s best to use bananas that have ripened to how you like to eat them plain, if they’re under or overripe to your taste, you won’t like the final result.