- 3 cups almonds
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 Teaspoon almond extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 Teaspoons kosher plant-based gelatin, dissolved in 2 Tablespoons hot water
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 can coconut milk, chilled (Native Forest brand is good for this recipe)
- 4 cups blueberries for serving
- Place the almonds and cinnamon in a food processor and pulse until your desired texture is reached. I like to leave some bigger pieces for texture. Add the rest of the crust ingredients and pulse until a sticky dough forms. Pat the crust into a pie plate, (use water to keep your hands from sticking to the crust).
- For the filling, mix the gelatin and water together. Stir to dissolve and immediately add the lemon juice. If the gelatin gets clumpy, place the mixture over hot water until it melts again. Pour the coconut milk into an electric mixer, add the honey and whip on high until peaks form, about 15 minutes. Add the gelatin mixture to the whipped cream. Pour the filling into the crust. The filling will seem thin, but don’t worry it will set up in the refrigerator.
- Chill for at least 4 hours until set, and serve with lots of berries!
Use Grade A maple syrup in place of honey for a completely Vegan version.
- Calories: 382
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Protein: 7g