- 2 oranges, 1 pound, peeld and quatered
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango cubes, 10 ounces
- 1 cup coconut water, or coconut milk for a richer flavor
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons collagen powder
- optional 1/4 Teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 1/2 cups yellow layer
- 2 cups frozen strawberries, 12 ounces, see notes
- Optional: hemp seeds and/or bee pollen to sprinkle on top
- For the yellow layer of the smoothie, place all the ingredients called for into a high powered blender, and blend until smooth. You will have about 5 cups of smoothie. Pour out 2 1/2 cups of the yellow layer into 4-5 glasses of your choice.
- Then with the remaining 2 1/2 cups of the yellow layer still in the blender, add the frozen strawberries. Blend again until smooth, you will have around 4 cups.
- Then slowly pour/spoon the pink layer over the top of the yellow layer. If you pour too quickly the layers can sometimes mix together.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds/bee pollen if desired and serve.
A great variation on this smoothie is to use frozen raspberries in place of the strawberries. This is also perfect if you can’t find flavorful frozen strawberries, as raspberries are more reliable for big flavor.