- 1 3/4 cup hazelnut meal
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup blonde coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, I use Enjoy Life brand
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Flaked finishing sea salt for sprinkling over the cookie tops
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the hazelnut meal, tapioca starch, baking soda, coconut sugar, and chocolate chips.
- Add the melted coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir to thoroughly combine, you don’t need to worry about over mixing with this recipe. The cookie dough will be much looser than a normal cookie dough texture.
- Using a spoon, portion out the cookies (2 Tablespoons each), for about 8 per tray.
- Sprinkle a small amount of flaked sea salt over each cookie, it’s important to sprinkle all over the surface because that’s how you get a bit of sea salt in every bite!
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the cookies have puffed up a bit but are still quite moist/almost gooey in the centers. If you over bake them, they tend to get a cakey texture, so if you like gooey cookies, keep a close eye on them until you get the timing down for your oven.
It’s important to note that this recipe will not work with almond flour, and so you can exactly replicate these you should know I used Bob’s Red Mill hazelnut meal.