- 2 Granny Smith apples, chilled
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1/4 cup chilled coconut water
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vietnamese cinnamon
- 1/2 cup spinach, 1/2 ounce
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- Place all the smoothie base ingredients into a blender in the order listed. Start blending on low and work up to medium, you’ll need to use the tamper to keep the mixture moving. Once there are no more chunks, continue to increase the speed until you get to high speed. Blend until the smoothie base is completely smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into 2 bowls and top with your choice of toppings. You can customize by adding more or less apple chunks, granola, and yogurt to your taste.
I noted in the recipe to have a couple of things chilled because I think it makes for a better smoothie bowl when everything isn’t at room temperature.
Don’t worry about the small amount of spinach in the recipe, you can’t taste it and it makes for the most beautiful color!