- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can coconut milk, 13.5 ounces
- 1 cup water
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon Grade A amber maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- If your quinoa isn’t pre-rinsed be sure to rinse it before starting.
- Place the quinoa, coconut milk, water, sea salt, and maple syrup into a large saucepan or small pot. Using a spatula, break up the chunks of coconut cream a bit, but don’t worry about mixing it all the way in.
- Place the pan over high heat and bring it to a boil, cover and immediately lower the heat to low after the quinoa comes to a boil. Simmer on low until the quinoa has absorbed all the liquid and is light and fluffy, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with additional sea salt and mix in the optional toppings if desired.
- Serve immediately.