- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, split in half lengthwise
- Sausage Gravy:
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage, (I like sage sausage)
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice
- 2 Tablespoons organic cornstarch/arrowroot mixed with 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Teaspoon of sea salt (this may vary depending on your type of sausage)
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh sage, chopped (opt)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the halved sweet potatoes face down on the parchment and roast until tender and caramelized, about 45 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before the potatoes are done, preheat a 9″ cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown your sausage of choice, breaking it up into small pieces.
- Add your milk of choice, the cornstarch mixture, and sea salt. Whisk until the gravy comes to a boil and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add the freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve the gravy immediately with the roasted sweet potatoes and the chopped fresh sage.
For the dairy free version, be sure to use almond or coconut milk. The amount of salt in sausage really varies, so add salt to your taste.