- 4 medium zucchini, 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 Teaspoon lemon zest, see notes
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Remove both ends from the zucchini, and cut them into quarters lengthwise. Lay the quarters flat side down on a cutting board, and slice crosswise into thin triangular pieces.
- Set a 8-9″ cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot but not smoking, add the olive oil, garlic, and lemon zest. Sauté stirring until it’s fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Then add the sliced zucchini, and continue to sauté stirring as it browns. Cook until crisp tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and season to taste with sea salt, pepper, and stir in the fresh lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the pine nuts over the top, and serve immediately.