- 1/2 cup organic cornstarch, tapioca, or arrowroot
- 8 cups unsalted chicken stock, (homemade or best quality you can find)
- 2 Tablespoons Celtic sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a large pot, combine the arrowroot with 1 cup of the chicken stock, whisking until smooth to avoid lumps.
- Add the rest of the chicken and sea salt. Cook over medium high – high, whisking constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
- When the mixture becomes clear, remove from the heat and add the cream or non-dairy milk.
- Cool the soup in the fridge for about an hour before packaging for the freezer.
- I put my soup in mason jars for storage in the fridge, and in ziplock packages for the freezer.
- The Cream of Chicken Soup will keep 1 week in the refrigerator.
You can easily make 1/2 or even 1/4 of this recipe for a 1 dinner batch.
For Dairy Free, substitute 1/2 cup of coconut or almond milk.