These energy bars have been a long time favorite and I hope you enjoy them too!
- 2 cups raw cashew pieces
- 1 + 1/2 cups big flake coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, Grade A
- 3 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the big flake coconut to add later.
- Place all the ingredients, except the reserved coconut into a food processor and pulse until the mixture starts forming a dough.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup coconut and pulse until your desired texture is reached. I like to stop when there is still visible pieces of coconut.
- Line an 8″x8″ baking pan with plastic wrap and pat/smooth the dough evenly into the pan.
- Holding the corners of the plastic wrap, lift the bars out of the pan and cut into 12 bars.
- Serve within a few days, or wrap and freeze for later.
I like to use cashew pieces because they’re much cheaper than whole cashews!
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Energy Bars, Energy Bites, Vegan, Paleo, Clean Eating, Gluten Free, Healthy snacks