- 1 cup unsweetened big flake coconut, 2 ounces
- 2 cup almonds, 9 ounces
- 2 cups pecans, 8 ounces
- 1 Tablespoon Vietnamese cinnamon
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted and quartered
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1–2 Tablespoons water
- Place the coconut, almonds, pecans, cinnamon, and dates in a 12 cup food processor. Process for 30-45 seconds, or until your desired consistency is reached.
- Add the vanilla, sea salt, and maple syrup. Process again until combined, about 20 seconds.
- Taste the mixture and see if it’s sweet enough, if not you can add a bit more maple syrup in place of the water. You can also add more cinnamon if desired.
- After you’ve taste tested, add 1 Tablespoon of water and then another if needed to create a soft cookie dough like texture.
- Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap, and using a spatula spread the ‘dough’ about 1/2″ thick. This will take up about 3/4 of the pan. Using a chef’s knife cut it into 30 bars.
- From here you can either wrap them individually or freeze them spread out on a couple of cookie sheets before putting them together into a container and placing them back in the freezer. These bars keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator, and 1 month in the freezer.