These stir fried veggies are super flavorful and I hope you’ll find yourself making them often!
- 2 bell peppers, assorted colors
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini, (1lb)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Variation 1:
- 1 Teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 Teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- Variation 2:
- 2 Tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce
- Remove the core and seeds from the bell peppers and slice into strips lengthwise.
- Cut the ends from the onion and cut in half. Remove the peel, lay the onion halves face down and thinly slice.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini and cut into thirds. Cut each third in half and then in half again to make quarters. Cut the quarters into strips similar in size to the bell peppers.
- Toss all the vegetables together with the olive oil and preheat the grill on high.
- For Variation 1: mix together the spices and toss with the vegetables. Grill the vegetables on high stirring every 5 minutes or so until the vegetables are stir-fried, (about 20 minutes).
- For Variation 2: Grill the vegetables stirring every 5 minutes or so until crisp tender with brown edges. Remove the vegetables from the grill and place in a serving bowl. Toss the vegetables with the 2 Tablespoons of Teriyaki Sauce and serve immediately.
If you don’t want Mexican or Asian flavors, simply grill the vegetables without either variation. It’s nice to leave them plain and add fresh chopped herbs after they come off the grill.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegetables, Side Dish, Paleo, Clean Eating