- 4 cups baby spinach, 4 ounces
- 1 1/2 pounds bite sized cubes seedless watermelon, 4-6 cups depending on the size of the cubes
- 1/2 small red onion, slivered, 1 ounce
- 1 cup feta cheese, cut into cubes or crumbled, 2 ounces
- 1 small bunch of basil, chopped
- Olive oil and reduced balsamic for drizzling
- Finishing sea salt for sprinkling
- Mound the baby spinach onto individual plates and top with the watermelon, red onion, feta cheese, and chopped basil. Or you can toss them altogether in a large serving bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil of your choice and reduced balsamic vinegar. You can also use regular balsamic but the flavor won’t be quite as rich.
- Sprinkle each plate with a small amount of the finishing salt.
- Serve immediately.
- If you’re using one serving bowl, toss the salad before serving with a sprinkling of the finishing salt thrown in.
Finishing sea salt has a nice flaky texture that’s perfect for salads.