- 1 recipe of Caramel Chicken or Saté Chicken
- 4 large cucumbers, 10 ounces each
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots, from 1 bunch
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice, or rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 small red onion, finely slivered
- 1 farm fresh egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice or rice vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup avocado oil
- 1–2 Tablespoons of sriracha, to your taste
- Prepare your choice of chicken, and let it cool to room temperature while you prepare the cucumber subs.
- Slice the ends off the cucumbers, and cut them in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and set them aside for another use like a green smoothie. Set the cucumbers on a serving platter, wooden board, or a marble or stone slab.
- Mix the grated carrots with the lime juice or rice vinegar, and set them aside to ‘pickle’ for a bit.
- Prepare the sriracha mayo by placing the egg, lime juice or rice vinegar, and sea salt. Secure the lid and start blending on low speed. Add the avocado oil in a slow steady stream, increasing the speed as you go until all the avocado oil is added, and the mayo has become thick, (you should be at about speed 4-5 on a Vitamix). Add sriracha to your taste, and place the mayo in a squeeze bottle if you want nice lines across your sandwiches.
- Cut up the room temperature chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Serve all the ingredients separate so that everyone can assemble their own sandwich. Or you can fill the cucumbers with chicken, then top with the carrots, chopped fresh herbs, red onion slivers, and finally squeeze the sriracha mayo over the top of each cucumber sub.
You will have leftover sriracha mayo because there’s no way to make a smaller batch. You can either put it on everything because it’s so delicious, or use a pre-made mayo and mix in sriracha to taste so you won’t have as much leftover.