Blender Fresh Tomato Checca Sauce:
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, 12 ounces
- 3 green onions, the white part only, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan, 1 ounce
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped, 1/2 ounce
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt, more or less to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tabelspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small ball of fresh mozzarella, cut or torn into 1/2” pieces, 4 ounces
- Zucchini Noodles – 2 1/2 pounds spiralized zucchini (from 5-6 medium zucchini)
- olive oil and sea salt for cooking
- 1 –12 ounce package freshly cooked pasta
- Freshly grated parmesan for serving
- For the tomato sauce, place all the ingredients for the sauce except the fresh mozzarella into a blender and blend until you have a chunky sauce. Adjust the texture to your liking by blending it smoother. Taste the sauce and adjust the sea salt and pepper accordingly.
- Stir in the fresh mozzarella and set the sauce aside until you’re ready to serve.
- To serve it with zucchini noodles, heat a very large skillet over medium high heat until the pan is almost smoking. Add a small drizzle over olive oil to the pan along with the spiralized zucchini. Sprinkle with a small amount of sea salt and toss the zucchini noodles with a pair of tongs, just until they start to soften – this only takes about 1 minute. It’s important to take the zucchini noodles out of the pan still partly crunchy because they continue to cook afterwards.
- Place the zucchini noodles in a serving bowl and top with the fresh checca sauce.
- You can also toss the checca sauce with 12 ounces freshly cooked pasta.
- Serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan if you’d like!
The time for this recipe is for the sauce, it only takes an additional few minutes to prepare the zucchini noodles or pasta.
This recipe makes 1 1/2 cups of sauce which is enough for 4-6 servings.
- Prep Time: 10 mins