- 2 romaine hearts, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 bunch of green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cucumber, quartered and sliced (8 ounces)
- 5 ounces fully cooked ham, cut into bite sized pieces
- 5 ounces cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut into 6 wedges each
- 1 cup grated aged white cheddar
- Avocado Ranch Dressing:
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoon chives, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Italian flat-leaf parsley, minced
- For the nicest presentation of this salad, place the romaine in your serving bowl and arrange all the prepared veggies, meats, eggs, and grated cheese over the top.
- For the dressing, place the avocado, Greek yogurt, water, white wine vinegar, garlic, and sea salt into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You may need to use the tamper with the blender to keep the dressing moving because it’s pretty thick.
- Add the chopped fresh herbs and blend just to combine.
- Transfer the dressing into a clean container – a pint mason jar works really well as the dressing makes about 1 3/4 cup.
- Serve the salad and the dressing together. Any leftover dressing will keep in the fridge for a few days.
For the cooked chicken, I prefer mine grilled. If you’re short on time, don’t bother arranging the salad just toss it all together!