- 5 pounds apples, Transparent, McIntosh, and Sweet Sixteen are all wonderful
- 1/2 cinnamon stick or 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- Peel (if desired), core, and quarter your apples.
- Place the apples with the rest of the ingredients into a 6-quart crockpot.
- Turn the crockpot to low and cook for 8-9 hours, (overnight), or cook on high for 4-5 hours until the apples have softened.
- Remove the cinnamon stick or any whole spices you’ve used.
- If you peeled the apples, you can either mash up the applesauce to your desired texture, or blend it. If you left the peels on, place the applesauce into the blender, being careful not to burn yourself, and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
I highly recommend a peeler-corer-slicer because it does all the work for you if you want peeled apples. You just run your apples through it and place them directly into the crockpot.