- 1 Teaspoon minced red chili, or sambal oelek chili paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup, or coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 6–7 small tomatoes, diced, 1 pound
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced, 6 ounces
- 1 large cucumber, quartered and thinly sliced, 14 ounces
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1 cup toasted cashew pieces
- 1 – 8 ounce ribeye steak, or your steak of choice
- Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing, and set it aside.
- Prepare the mixed greens, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, and chopped fresh herbs. Toss them together in a large bowl.
- Preheat a grill over high heat. When the temperature has reached 450ºF – 500ºF place the steak on the heated grill and grill 4-6 minutes. Turn the steak and grill another 4-6 minutes for medium rare. The timing will depend on what type of steak you use and how thick it’s cut. If you’re unsure if it’s done, use a thermometer. For medium rare, remove the steak at 140ºF and let it rest on a cutting board until it hits 145ºF. For medium, remove the steak at 155ºF and let it rest until it hits 160ºF.
- When the steak is done to your liking, remove it from the grill and let it sit for 5-10 minutes on a cutting board. This helps the meat to be juicier, and it makes it easier to slice when it’s not piping hot.
- Slice the steak as thinly as possible across the grain, and add the strips to the salad. You can also cut the strips into smaller pieces to make it easier to eat.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top of the salad and sprinkle in the cashews. Toss to combine and serve immediately.